[G4] running word on osX and os9.

zhmmy harper zhmmy at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 25 20:56:27 PDT 2004

hello everyone,

i am hoping to get some help from the collective wisdom of the group. i have
a mdd dual 867 with os 10.2.8 and 9.2.2   i use os 9.2.2 alot because i have
not been able to upgrade all my software.  recently i obtained and installed
ms office X and now office 2001 on the os 9.2.2 is not accessible to me.
many of my clients use older versions of word and office and i need to be
able to exchange docmuments with them.  is there away that i can get my
older version of ms office to work in os 9.2.2?

thank you for your attention.  i really appreciate this group and all the
information exchanged.

hec
hecowan at shaw.ca

----------
As I understand, Bill Gates got ticked at Apple for introducing Appleworks,
thus cutting some of the MS profits.  So MS is not going to provide any
further Mac programs (as I understand).

I personally think that the most reliable and functional MS word processing
program was and still is v.5.1, which works great in 9.x.x Classic.  When
you save an MS Word file in .rtf you should be able to open even in Panther
I would think, though I haven't tried it.

I have used AppleWorks ever since I discovered it was just as efficient as
MS Word and probably moreso unless you are using (ugh) a PC.  Appleworks
also works fine with MS Word files so why bother with M$ anymore?