[G4] Start up tone too loud still

Donna Dene English foyenglish at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 30 10:33:25 PDT 2004

Thanks Jay. I did this because of my infant son but the headphones we
have are suppose to be hooked up through the USB sound. We remodeled
the computer room and it is not easy to unhook the head phones and use
them in the jack on the front of the machine.

Thanks Steff. I downloaded the  "StartupSound.prefPane", it expands and
when I go to install I get a warning that "Dist Copy helper
unexpectedly terminated" ???
What to do?

I am getting ready to update to 10.3 will that solve the problem of the
loud tone?
I want to get external speakers but don't want the tone to rock the
house.
Thank you,
Donna Dene English