Forced Dual Boot Mutation

lavode at comcast.net lavode at comcast.net
Mon Mar 1 09:26:03 PST 2004

Hi all,

I haven't personally confirmed this, but I have no reason to doubt it.  My sister-in-law got a new iBook a few months ago, and had some technical problems with it.  As a result, she ended up reformatting the hard drive and installing a new OS from scratch.  I don't know what she did, but she now says she can boot into OS 9, as well as X!  I told her to post what she did on xlr8yourmac.com, I don't know if she has or not.

Anyone else figured out how to do this?  I didn't think it was possible.  Unfortunate thing is that she had actually intended to make it dual-boot, but had given up, when it suddenly worked.

If people are interested, I will try to get more specific info from her, and post here.

-Lavode