[G4] CD tray problem

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Wed Mar 3 20:57:40 PST 2004

James,
It appears that you may be on the right track. I would think that the
"tried using LimeWire and Disc Burner" programs has caused the Apple CD
Burn program to be activated but not quit out of.

For  Roxylee,
Has the dock been checked for active programs? Look for a small black
triangle under the program icon in the dock. If you see a triangle
there, it means that that particular program is active but may not be
appearing on the desktop because the program window was closed and the
program wasn't shut down properly (quit).

Then, have your daughter take the time to familiarize herself with the
proper methods of closing a program in OS-X. My wife had the same
problem for a while and would always leave active programs running when
she left the computer. After I explained that she had to use the Quit
command or the key command -Apple Q- when she stopped using a program,
she didn't have any more problems with it.