[G4] Apple Mail problem

Daniel Brieck djbrieck at mac.com
Sat Mar 6 06:46:26 PST 2004

Linda are the emails on the server ones that you have already read
before on "mail.app" or are they ones that you never seen before
{meaning they never made it to the Mail.app}? If they are ones that you
have read before then sandor's  suggestion will be the fix.(below)  If
they are totally new emails that just never made it to your Mail.app
inbox it is a whole other ball-game then. It most likely one of two
things:

1.  Your E-mail service provider might have there own Junk mail filters
that are built into their network, which maybe for some reason claiming
e-mails as junk and preventing you from getting them on Mail.app,
because they are just never sent over the network.

  2. Some thing is wrong with the settings that mail is using to connect
to the mail server (which is doubtful because it is working) or a
corrupt preferences file.

-I would do a double check on your mail setting. Make sure that you
have latest configuration information from your Mail Service Provider
or ISP, because they sometime change settings and neglect to tell you.

  -Also it could be corrupt  mail.app preferences, mailboxes.

Dan Brieck Jr.