[G4] Apple Mail problem

Glenn Hoffman glenn.w.hoffman at attglobal.net
Sat Mar 6 08:36:31 PST 2004

Yes, Mail.app is buggy. As for whether it is time to find another mail
application, that depends on your patience.

Things to try with this problem:

1) Make sure your Account => Advanced preference => Remove copy from
server after retrieving a message is set to Right away.

2) Since you say it quits after downloading 3 or 4 messages, just use
the Get Mail button over and over. That should do it. Or, you could set
your General Preferences to Get Mail Every minute until you get all the
messages.  After that, set the preference to  every 15 minutes or
whatever works.

3) Now if you find that it is downloading 0 messages every time (not 3
or 4), you should go to the mail server you are getting your mail from
and find out what message is clogging up the works in Mail.app. Delete
that message. Try Mail.app again.  If the problem is like mine was, it
is one of the PayPal spam/trojans.  The shareware application Mail
Siphon can help here if you don't already have a way to get to the mail
server.

Glenn