[G4] Dual CPUs

Brian Silverio bsilverio at necc.mass.edu
Sat Mar 13 19:49:14 PST 2004

The advice to buy dual, if that is what you really want, is sound.
However, none of us really know what the after market folks will come out with.

I upgraded my 450MH G4 Cube to a dual 800MH G4 with an after market kit.  That
was supposed to be impossible.  But it worked.  (The upgrade was not for the
faint of heart.  But that is another story.)

Who knows?  In three years they may have low power, low heat 5GH G5 dual cards
that plug in where your single CPU now sits.  Then again, it may never happen.

Good luck!

Brian Silverio