[G4] G4-450 DP upgrade

Udo Zumdick screams at gmx.net
Wed Mar 17 14:19:21 PST 2004

Hello from good old (and rainy) Europe ! :-)

I use my G4 DP 450 for about 2 Years now (bought it on ebay) and it's
still amazing - espacially compared to my $%&§! WinDoze! :)
But last time I tink about upgrading my G4 with a Powerlogix 1200Mhz
Board and I wonder if the Dual 1200er board would be the better choice
compared to the single CPU board. Even if the single CPU board is
cheaper, it is not half the price (single cpu board is about 500 EUR,
the DP board 760 EUR) and I'm not shure if this would be a good choice.

What do you think- is the performance worth the price and are there
enough applications which benefits from the second processor ? What
about Phanter ? Does Panther uses the second cpu more than Jaguar ?

Thanks a lot for some thoughts ! :-)

Udo