[G4] Fix for Image Spam?

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 26 04:47:01 PST 2004

At 3:39 PM -0500 3/25/04, barry wrote:
>to refresh everyone's memory, i suggested opening her most spam prone email
>accounts at http://www.mail2web.com , clean out the spam there, then
>download mail via eudora as usual.

I'm wondering how this is easier, because instead of just hitting "delete"
in Eudora, I have to go online, go to a site, select email, delete over a slow
dialup connection, etc. Am I missing something - ?

>i just sent a note to anne off list about earthlink's webmail program and
>its new free antispam and anti virus options.  any other earthlink users on
>the list who are not familiar with these 2 features just hollar.

I am signed up for these features. Perhaps it's helping but I still get
a LOT of spam.

I have a strategy for the spam, actually, and that is to upgrade my
Email software so I can filter some of it out. But the images are something
I don't understand yet.

Many thanks from this excellent list for your help with these areas,
and I hope I can contribute more as I learn.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com