[G4] Palm Again - Fixed and How

Ron gMedia.DV at verizon.net
Fri Mar 26 01:01:15 PST 2004

> Are there other operating systems for handhelds out there
> that are Mac compatible?

Not that I am aware of.

I have been using Palm for years -since my original Palm V 2 meg. USB
syncing is great compared to the old serial system where I regularly had to
re boot and fool with AppleTalk to get it to go. The latest is pretty good
and works well for me. I am on my 3rd PDA and now I have a Tungsten T3 and
use OS 9.2 and never have had any problems except when the user prefs get
corrupted and your desktop software won't load, but there is an easy fix for
that.

I have a contact database of over 1000, use the pictures feature for the
kids and grandkids, documents to go is great for Word and Excel, and the PDF
reader is ok for some of my user and install manuals that I have for
equipment that I sell/install (heating and air conditioning). Even the daily
schedule works good for me. I really like the scratch pad feature for fast
note taking and quick drawings and layouts. I also have most of the data for
my 1200+ piece antique toy collection that I sync using FileMaker Mobile-and
I use a simple  database that I designed to keep track of my mileage and
truck expenses. Even the games, Kinoma movie player and MP3 player are fun
and used regularly. Bottom line is I use the PDA day and night every day and
sync several times a day without problems.

God help me when I have to migrate to OS X (hopefully later this year when
the new G5's arrive ;)

Take Care!
Ron--