Fix for Image Spam?

barry sjmug at mac.com
Mon Mar 29 13:30:46 PST 2004

>Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:34:18 -0500
>From: Alex <alist at sprint.ca>

>> ... the images d/l on my Desktop are gifs,
>> They don't go away after I d/c from the internet. They just sit there....

>What else are files on your desktop supposed to do? You'd be in trouble
>if they started disappearing by themselves...

i think i know what anne means.  on my old performa using netscape (or
netcom?) mail and dialup, images would show up on the desktop, images which
i thought were downloaded, and were openable.  however, when i disconnected
from the net, the images would disappear.  they had not been saved to the
harddrive.  if i wanted them saved i'd have to log back in and try saving
them another way--which i forget how now as i've been on my g4 and cable and
outlook express for over 3 years where the disapearing images do not occur,
or very rarely.  maybe sometimes with Real Audio files--they're sometimes
temporary files on the desktop.

--barry
http://www.NationwideCashFlowSolutions.com
alternative financing options for U.S.
businesses, professionals, individuals, & non-profit organizations