[G4] Food For Thought

Sonja Ray sonjay at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 29 14:19:08 PST 2004

> From: "barry" <sjmug at mac.com>
> Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:53:46 -0500
> To: "Power Macintosh G4 List" <G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Subject: Re: [G4] Food For Thought
>
> probably.  some of my other email addresses, including some other .mac
> addresses i have, get no spam, some get a bit, but no addresses get as much
> as my netcom and mindspring addresses.  the older the address the more spam
> i've found.  the nigerian fee spammers/scammers seem to get every address
> tho, even the addresses the viag-- spammers miss!

Oddly, I have a Mindspring e-mail address, several years old, that I've used
all over the net that gets almost no spam, but the e-mail address I got when
I signed up with Direcway started getting spam within an hour of being
activated. I get probably 20x more spam to the Direcway address, even though
I've *never* used it. There's just no explaining it.

--
Sonja Ray

----
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it
flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night, the ice weasels come."
                                                     -- Matt Groening