Mail Questions

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 29 18:35:08 PST 2004

I've read the chapter in my David Pogue book, but still have some
questions:

1. It said if I want to read and type mail offline (i.e., while not
connected) I should
select Mailbox->go offline. Why after I do this, does it still have
only the one choice,
Mailbox->go offline? How do I know I'm offline? It doesn't try to dial
up? Additionally,
how do I know when messages have been sent? They're in the Sent
mailbox? Is there
any better way to see this? (In Eudora, a sent message has an "S" in
front of it, a queued
message has a "Q" in front of it, a message that's waiting to be
finished has a dot in
front of it.)

2. I followed the directions to import Mailboxes from Eudora and the
import was
incomplete. Got last year's but not most of this year's mail. Have
tried a couple
times, no dice.