Adding HD capacity..

uxbridge at spamcop.net uxbridge at spamcop.net
Tue May 4 05:19:31 PDT 2004

> I believe the limit is 120gb with the apple controller. Installing a
> second controller can remove that limit. You can also have a larger
> drive if you use firewire.  I installed a 160gb drive internally as a
> second drive and all I could see was 120gb. I installed the same drive
> in a firewire case and could see all 160gig.

As I already mentioned in another post, Intech (www.intechusa.com) managed to
create a driver that enables all G4 to see and use larger HD in the internal
apple controller with no modification to the hardware.The dyriver for O 9.x is
already part of their suite of drivers, I tested the one for OS X and it works
very well but I do not know whether they have made it available to the general
public.

Best regards

Cesare