<OT> [G4] Linux (but really OT)

Zoki zoki.news at linuxix.net
Thu May 13 00:39:45 PDT 2004

Le 24/04/2004 14:39, « Joseph B. Gurman » <gurman at gsfc.nasa.gov> a écrit :

(snip)

>    On topic (but still off topic re: G4's), I, too installed MkLinux
> on a G3 (albeit a B&W one) about six years ago. It was, indeed, a
> waste of time. The UI was a poor simulacrum of the Windows of the
> day, and nothing from the outside world would make properly. I can
> only hope that's changed.

(snip)

*** Six years is a lot of time for IT. Ofcourse things changed. Things
changed for MacOS also, no?

"Waste of time" should be elaborated: You want to run a server? I don't see
why it should be a waste of time installing it on a G3. If it's to use it as
a Desktop box? Yes, than I must agree it's a waste of time. Modern Linux
desktop applications would have problems with the 300Mhz. I don't even dare
thinking about trying to run KDE...

Zoran.