[G4] Re(2): [G4] Old 21" CRT Monitor with a new PowerMac G5?

Stefan Daehler gesar at tiscalinet.ch
Wed May 19 09:24:03 PDT 2004

Original Message:

>> I agree with you, Kunga La, but ... does n't this Radius PrecisionView
>> have an old-styled Mac Video-Connector ( i.e. 15 pins in two rows)?
>>
>> This would then require TWO adapers: One from DVI to VGA, the second
>> from VGA to Mac. Probably quite a stress for the  video-bits.
>
> Hi Steff,
> I checked and the Radius PV21 has a video cable with a DB-15 connector
> (Macintosh end), and a HD-15 connector (Display End).
>
> I guess if I used an HD-15>HD-15 Cable (if it exists), I could then
> attach to a VGA to DVI Adapter and be good to go.
>
> Anyone know if that is possible?

Yes, this will work perfectly. By the way, I did that several times the
other way around, to hook a PC-Monitor to a Vintage-Mac. If, with these
boxes, I have to replace a monitor, I always look for one with a
connector at the monitor's side. I still have a few cables with a
VGA-Connector at the one end and a DB-15 Connector at the other end.
   Steff