Printing on a Network

zhmmy harper zhmmy at hotmail.com
Thu May 20 11:38:32 PDT 2004

G4 350mHz Yikes PCI (OS X 10.3.3)
1 gig RAM, 100 gig hard drive, built in 100 baseT Ethernet

Second computer on the network is Beige G3 266mHz, Mac OS 9.2.1 (not
Classic).
384 meg RAM, 9 gig hard drive, Ethernet 100 baseT PCI card, HP 895cxi USB
printer via a PCI USB card.

Using D-Link router and BellSouth Fast Access.

I can share files from both.  Internet works great from both.  I can print
from the G3.

I cannot print from the G4, even though USB Printer Sharing is on on the G3
and the printer location shows up on the G4.  When attempting to print from
the G4 everything seemingly works as it should and the document seems to be
printed.  There is no error message.  But nothing is printed.

Anyone out there who is familiar with this type problem?

Thanks.
Zhmmy