[G4] Appleworks ... So Frustrated

Stefan Daehler gesar at tiscalinet.ch
Thu May 20 11:42:53 PDT 2004

Original Message:

> I was unable up update Appleworks on my desktop so I installed and
> updated on
> another system (iBook) and then just dragged the app over to my
> desktop.  That
> was some time ago (pre panther) so I don't know if it still works.
>
> Good luck

Lately, I discovered another speciality in AppleWorks. On a box with a
Classic partition and a second one for OS X, I tried starting
Classic-AW from within Jaguar. To my surprise, it worked perfectly.
Since, I have stopped installing a separate AW on OS X.

And, another peculiarity: One and the same app shows up as 6.2.8 under
Mac OS 9.2 and as 6.2.9 under Jaguar!     Steff