Can you/should you install OS9 driver while in OSX?

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Sat May 22 08:00:51 PDT 2004

Hi -

Moving right along - did an archive and install, moved files over from
libraries, etc., reinstalled Palm, etc. My computer more closely
resembles
the old animal I had last week.

Need to reinstall scanner driver and notice that there's no OSX update
available, so guess must just reinstall the old one. Details: HP
Scanjet 4400c.
Driver good for OS8.6, 9.x. Been using with Photoshop 6 in Classic,
could
not get to work with Photoshop 7 in OSX (obviously).

Question that keeps coming up: do I need to reboot in OS9 to install
this?
Or can one install OS9 drivers, etc. in OSX and it will install them in
OS9?
I think I have done this by "mistake" on occasion.

I do remember peripherals were iffy in Classic.

Many thanks, and I will be looking for your posts on related issues. I
feel
like more of an expert today, maybe can be more helpful on this list.

I do notice the external drive is dismounting now. So maybe Appleworks
was not the evil one, it was something else a couple months ago that led
to all this.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X 10.2.0/Classic)