[G4] Bad Drives

Tony Gamble tgamble180 at rogers.com
Fri May 28 23:35:40 PDT 2004

<<{-*-}>>
	I hadn't really heard much about the Gig G4's having corruption
problems, though perhaps there are others on the list who might be able
to shed more light on that.  But I do remember that the Rev. 1 B&W G3's
had a nasty IDE controller that couldn't reliably handle any hard drive
bigger than what it came with.  When I upgraded the hard drive in my
Rev. 1, I used a Sonnet Tempo PCI controller which worked flawlessly
and got around the onboard controller's corruption problems.

/tg