[G4] Bad Drives

David DelMonte ddelmonte at mac.com
Sat May 29 05:16:21 PDT 2004

Another limitation of the onboard IDE controller is that it can only
support up to 128GB. As controllers and drives are relatively
inexpensive (cheaper than a service call!) I suggest adding a
controller (approx $50) and replacing the drive ($50 to $200 depending
upon the capacity required. Most big companies plan to replace their
computers (and therefore disk drives) every three to four years. I dont
think it should be that different for small office and home users.
Drives are like car batteries - lots of use = lots of wear and tear!

David