[G4] Recording TV/Alchemy DVR

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Mon Nov 1 12:58:32 PST 2004

On Nov 1, 2004, at 9:44 AM, Steven Austen wrote:

> I went to OWC website and both the $110 and $150 version were in
> stock.  It looks the the $150 doesn't have the FM tuner.  Does anyone
> know what you get for the extra money?  Also, the $150 version says
> "PCI card compatible with PCI bus 2.3(3.3V)".  Is this compatible with
> the standard G4 PCI slots or is an upgrade needed?
>
> thanks,
>
> Steve
> Cincinnati

I have been looking in to getting one of these cards.  I think the $110
card lets you record from your VCR or other external source.  The $150
card lets you do that and record from TV like a Tivo.  From what I have
read, the $150 lets you schedule recording with their software or with
the OSX icalendar.  I could be wrong, but that is the impression I get.

Thanks--

Kevin