[G4] About external drives

John Wilson wilsonjohn at mac.com
Thu Nov 18 05:25:11 PST 2004

Hi Kevin. If the drive doesn't spin down by itself (which you may be
able to cause to happen by checking "put hard disks to sleep when
possible" in the Enery Saver preference pane under OS X), just drag it
to the trash to unmount it which will cause it to unmount and sleep. To
remount it use the Disk Utility app. John