[G4] Radeon 8500 vs. 9000

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Thu Nov 25 15:32:22 PST 2004

On Nov 25, 2004, at 3:29 PM, Jim Pacyga wrote:

> I think the story goes that the 9000 was an evolution of the
> 7000...and the later 9xxx are evolutions of the 8500 hence why the
> 9000 is not better than the 8500.
>
> Have you looked at all the logs to see if anything obvious is
> happening?

I check the logs after rebooting following a crash.  I don't really
understand what it all means though.  I am pretty sure it is a flashed
PC card that was sold as a "Mac compatible" card.  I think the firmware
update messed up the flash.  I am going to try and get my money back
and find a real Mac edition card.  So much for saving a few bucks.

Thanks--

Kevin