[G4] OS X machines very slowww on PC Network

Wilkin, Wayne (Mass) Wayne.Wilkin at Staples.com
Fri Oct 1 09:03:27 PDT 2004

I have been doing multiple testing on macs and networks. One thing that the
macs have a very hard time with is configuration of the network prefs in
system prefs. If the Network Prefs/Built-in-Ethernet/Ethernet is not
configured the exact same way as the switch they are connected to are then
you will have horrible results.
Example:
Computer: if it's configured for Manually (Advanced) 100baseTX Full-Duplex
then the switch needs to be the same. If it's auto then the switch needs to
be auto. If it's half duplex then the switch needs to be half.
If you attempt changing these settings to match the switch you will need to
restart the computer. Just my ¢ Wayne.