[G4] OS X connection problem solved - maybe

Dennis B. Swaney romad at cncnet.com
Wed Oct 13 20:31:46 PDT 2004

A friend of mine with the same ISP gave me a couple of different DNS
numbers to plug in and they worked! I can now connect from OS X on my
G4 iMac. Here is the strange part: When I connect from the G4 iMac
running OS X, I'm assigned an IP address that starts with 207 every
time. However, the G3 iMac running OS 9.1 seems to always be assigned
an IP address that starts with 69! Are IP addresses assigned
according to the operating system that you are using?
--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"Windows is a command-line OS with a GUI shell while Mac System 10 is
... oh, never mind."