[G4] Scanning problem

zhmmy harper zhmmy at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 14 23:54:25 PDT 2004

I spent a lot of time on this problem.  Maybe one of you can help.

I have an old Microtek ScanMaker III that worked fine before I switched to
OSX and upgraded from Photoshop 6.  My computer is a G4 Yikes 350 with 100
gig drive and a gig of Ram.  I use an ATTO card for SCSI and the scanner is
recognized by OS 10.3.5.

I have tried several ScanWizard versions and OneScan by placing them in the
Plugins>Import/Export folder of Photoshop CS and the drivers don't show up.
MicroTek doesn't offer OSX support for their older scanners.  VueScan "may"
work but I read some bad reviews and don't want to waste $60 on it.

Any suggestions?