[G4] Switching CPU's on one monitor

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Thu Oct 21 14:20:30 PDT 2004

If the monitor is analog (e.g., VGA), you can buy a manual switch for
about $15 or less, and a complete KVM switch (Keyboard, VGA, Mouse)
to switch all three at once for well under $100--these have gotten
really cheap in the past few years, but I have no idea how cheap, as
I have not bought one lately.  However, if you are talking digital
monitor then the solution begins to become much more expensive.  I
use a Gefen ex-tend-it "ADC" switcher (ADC for my Mac and DVI for my
PC as well as the USB devices attached to them), but it cost around
$400!

--Steve