[G4] OSX and OS 9

Rick rramsowr at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 24 12:32:42 PDT 2004

Carol is on the right path in here thinking.

The following is taken from "The Missing Manual"
(10.3) Appendix "A" Installing Mac OS 10.3 ..pages 672
& 673.

The Partitioning Question...
In the coming months and years, you'll save yourself a
lot of trouble and time if you keep mac OS 9 and Max
OS X on two different drives. this kind of setup
offers serveral advantages:

   * It's much easier to switch between the two
operating
     systems at startup time. (You may hear this
feature called
     dual booting.)

   * Troubleshooting Mac OS 9 or Mac X is much easier.

   * You don't have to see, or try to distinguish,
your Mac OS
      9 and MAC OS X folders all mixed together in the
single
      hard drive window (two Applications folders, two
System
      folders, and so on).

Ric