[G4] Nvidea Geforce 3 Vs. ATI 8500

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Sun Oct 24 15:33:29 PDT 2004

On Oct 24, 2004, at 5:31 PM, Hal wrote:

> How good a card is the AIT Radeon 900 Pro? I've been seeing them for
> around $150 online and am considering a faster card for a juiced-up
> dual 800 (gigabit ethernet). Any idea how it'll perform as compared to
> a flashed 8500 or Apple OEM 7500? I'd prefer to stick with ADC, so am
> considering this as a fairly low-cost option.
>
> Any info appreciated.
>
> -Hal

I posted the original from this thread looking to upgrade my Gigabit
G4/400.  I have been shopping around and found that OWC has some open
box/demo Radeon 9000 AGP 128 Mb for $139.00 and Radeon 9200 PCI 128 Mb
for $121.00.  That is compared to 8500 64 Mb AGP cards on eBay for
around $75.00.  I decided to spend the extra money and get the 9000.
Just my 2 cents.

Thanks,

Kevin

Why not vote for John Kerry?  Here's a reason.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res19rmg/