[G4] OSX and OS 9

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 24 16:21:20 PDT 2004

My 2¢.  I keep OS9 and OSX on separate partitions on my cube and on
separate hard drives on the desktop.  It has saved my ass ets many
times as OSX collapsed with dubious RAM or other unforgivable abuses.

But I am amending my outlook here - I use separate hard drives for OSX
10.3 and 10.2 with 9 on a partition.  The reasoning is simple - my
computer will not boot OS9 so to be useful as a boot drive it must be
some flavour of OSX.

I believe heavily in keeping it all separate.  I never need to
re-install any more than one OS at a time and it does not effect
anything with the other OS es.  Seems to me this 10 minute precaution
at the very begining has saved me hours of re-install time.

jj

On 24-Oct-04, at 5:31 PM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com