[G4] OSX and OS 9

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Sun Oct 24 17:33:23 PDT 2004

On Oct 24, 2004, at 7:57 PM, VS wrote:

> The idea of backup (that was mentioned) is course a very important
> subject and having two physically separated drives (not partitions) is
> a very good method. But this is not my strongest field, I backup to
> CDs and DVDs, and not as regularly as I should... (bad Vicki, bad bad
> bad....).
>

> / Vicki

This may not be along the same line as the original post, but the part
about backing up reminded me of a question I have been meaning to ask.
I back up my home directory to another hard drive.  I do it by dragging
it from my OS X disk to the back up disk.  When it starts to copy
though, I get a message saying that some things are not able to be
copied because of their permissions.  I click continue, and it proceeds
to copy.  When it gets done, I check the file size and compare it to my
home directory.  Both of them are the same (7.48 Gb).  Fortunately I
haven't been in a situation yet where I have had to start over and use
my backup.  Is there going to be a problem if that day comes?

Thanks,

Kevin

Why not vote for John Kerry?  Here's a reason.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res19rmg/