[G4] OSX and OS 9

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Mon Oct 25 14:52:17 PDT 2004

> Then I came across an interesting article on Microsoft's website (sorry
> don't have the link), that stated the version of 9 that you would
> install
> with Panther is actually a Virtual Operating System. To me I compared
> that
> to something like Virtual PC. You can run it, but can't boot into it.
> It
> would really explain why these computers at one time could boot into 9
> but
> no more.

My configuration is a 120 Gb hard drive devided into 3 partitions.  The
first partition is 10 Gb and has OS 9.2.2 installed.  The second is 90
Gb and has Panther installed (Upgraded from Jaguar)  the third is 20
Gb, and I use it to back up my home directory.  I have had no problems
switching between X and 9.2.2.

Thanks--

Kevin