[G4] OSX and OS 9

Mel Krewall mkrewall at mac.com
Mon Oct 25 19:27:06 PDT 2004

Machines that used the existing hardware architecture (mostly prior to
the FireWire 800 introduction) would boot OS 9 because the ROMs on the
motherboards were consistent and compatible with OS 9. Since Apple
discontinued development of OS 9, they apparently did not want to
expend the considerable effort to make motherboards with new hardware
features (e.g. FW 800, USB 2, Bluetooth) dual boot OS 9 and X (not to
mention that it speeds up migration to OS X).
Mel

"They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more
complicated than that."
  ~Gardner Dickinson