[G4] Trying to install a ATA drive in the rear carrier

Dale Hoffman dhoff at margnat.com
Tue Oct 26 04:52:26 PDT 2004

>That wee screw is easy to find and remove, but putting it back is
>near impossible.  I did not replace mine in the Dual 1.25 GHZ G4.
>It does not seem neccesary with the locking mechanism engaged.
>Maybe it is useful for shipping to secure the HD permanently during
>jostling.

Before reinserting the drive carrier into its bay area, the only
wiring I attach is the power connector (Molex 4 pin) for the bottom
drive. After tightening the screw, I attach the ribbon cable and
remaining power connector. You're right, the screw is impossible to
deal with when the ribbon cable is attached.
DaleH