[G4] Wake from Sleep Problems with USB 2.0 PCI Card

Casey Coulon 2AzBoys at cox.net
Wed Oct 27 15:25:44 PDT 2004

Thanks for the suggestions. BTW, I also checked my Macs firmware and
think its out of date. Apple says I should have 4.2.8 installed but it
can only be installed if you have OS 9.x on your hard drive (which I
don't). I can back up my files, reinstall OS 9.x, update the firmware,
reinstall OS X, etc. That is a lot of work which I would rather not do
if I don't have to.

Below is my System Profile...question though, is this the correct
firmware before I go to all this trouble or not? Can anyone else with a
G4 AGP confirm by checking their firmware and letting me know what they
have? Thanks, you may save me a lot of trouble!

Casey

   Machine Model:	Power Mac G4 (AGP graphics)
   CPU Type:	PowerPC G4  (2.8)
   Number Of CPUs:	1
   CPU Speed:	450 MHz
   L2 Cache (per CPU):	1 MB
   Memory:	384 MB
   Bus Speed:	100 MHz
   Boot ROM Version:	4.1.8f5
   Serial Number:	XB0212FMJ2S
   Sales Order Number:	0100228720XB0212FM1234123412341234