[G4] trying to extract data

rich northouse rnorthouse at wi.rr.com
Wed Sep 15 11:52:28 PDT 2004

Valerie,

Since you are blowing up so many hardware units, you might want to
consider investing in some sort of power regulator -- not just a surge
protector -- but something that will regulate the incoming voltage to
the computer.  Some unit that has a battery in it for power regulation,
or an auto transformer.  Also the hardware might be failing from over
heating?  You might want to examine the ventilation of the computer.
Maybe something is being set on top, or beside it, that prevents the
computer from getting proper air flow.

By the, I wouldn't rock the boat with Apple. If they have agreed to
send you a new G5, I wouldn't want to renegogiate anything!  They might
change their mind! I agree that sure was a nice gesture on Apple's
part.

Maybe the easiest way to fix your disk problem, is to to retype, or
reacquire, your daughter's homework.

Good luck.

rich Northouse