[G4] AGP Upgrades

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Tue Sep 21 02:28:56 PDT 2004

On Sep 20, 2004, at 12:46 PM, James Asherman wrote:

Sonnet probably makes the best ones but usually they require some
software, which can mess you up if your machine has a problem.

Don't know where you got your information, but I have never seen any
software that was needed with the Sonnet processor upgrades.

I installed an 800MHz upgrade in my Gbit Ethernet G4 last year and then
replaced that with a 1GHz processor this July and have never had any
problem with either of them. Sonnet advertises that their upgrades do
NOT need additional software and my experience confirms that claim.

Perhaps you have confused Sonnet with some other brand?