[G4] AGP Upgrades

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Tue Sep 21 02:50:12 PDT 2004

On Sep 20, 2002, at 1:27 PM, s* wrote:

Well, I am in Canada and I imagine your in the US so, $600 CAD prolly
works out to about a buck and a quarter USD nowadays ; ).  I'll
definitely check out that site.

Thanks again

I would like to direct your search for a processor upgrade to a vendor
on eBay that I have purchased items from. His seller name is
"macsforlife" and he specializes in processor upgrades. If you search
the eBay site for his seller name, you will be able to see what items
he is selling.

Currently, he has a Sonnet Encore ST G4 1GHz upgrade listed for
$210.00US as a "Buy It Now" item with $10.00US shipping cost. The item
is listed as eBay Item number: 5125128489. He has 5 available and the
auction expires on 25 Sept 04 at 0600Hrs PDT/US.

I know of him only because I have bought from him through eBay. He has
a very good feedback record on eBay and ships the products very
quickly. The ST G4 1GHz processor that I purchased from him was fully
warranted by Sonnet when I registered it and is guaranteed by them for
three years from purchase date.

I think that you would be pleased with any item you buy from this
vendor and certainly will save money by using his services.

An alternative suggestion would be to go directly to Sonnet and buy
from them via the internet. You will pay more, approximately $75.00 to
$120.00US, depending on the model you purchase.

Hope this information helps guide you in upgrading.

Ron