[G4] Uploading VHS Tapes

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Sat Sep 25 16:10:34 PDT 2004

I am interested in coping all of my kids VHS tapes to my G4.  I am
hoping to do away with the bulky tapes laying around the house.  Does
anybody have an idea what kind of hard drive space a full length movie
would take up on a hard drive?  Is there a program for a Mac that will
shrink them down?  I would like for them to be in a format that allows
me to burn them to a playable DVD if I ever want to.   They have about
100 VHS tapes right now.  Is it possible to fit them all on 1 or 2 hard
drives?

Thanks--

Kevin