[G4] Master vs Slave HDs & OSX

Dennis Murphy dennis at gem.e-catv.ne.jp
Thu Sep 30 21:36:53 PDT 2004

Hi,

Great list. This is my first posting. I don't have a problem at the moment
but I do have a question about my setup. I have a 400MHz Sawtooth with 960MB
of RAM running OSX 10.2.8. The machine came with a 10GB HD and I added an
80GB second internal drive which is set as slave. Before installing the
second drive and OSX the 10GB HD had OS9 installed (naturally). When I
installed OSX I left Classic on the 10GB HD and installed OSX on the 80GB
drive. My question is, does having the 80GB drive set as slave have any
affect on performance? Would it make any difference if I changed the 10GB
drive to slave and the 80GB drive to master? Thanks.

Regards,
Dennis Murphy.