[G4] Re: DVR-108 question

Rav Norodom rnorodom at snet.net
Thu Sep 30 23:03:49 PDT 2004

I had my DVD-RW DVR-108 installed in my QuickSilver lately. There is a
few steps needed to take before it works fully. What I mean fully is
that iTunes and all other iApps and System Profiler will not
recognizing it yet. Only Toast sees it.

Step 1. Download PatchBurn II:
http://www.macwelt.de/public/PatchBurn/PatchBurnIIb1en.sit

Step 2. Launch PatchBurn II, it detects your new DVD drive and will ask
you to install a driver that it has in its list. (If you have other PC
based DVD drive that won't work on Mac, PatchBurn II can fix you up.)

Step 3. Restart your Mac.

Step 4. If you use iTunes, launch iTunes and to go Preferences --->
Burning ---->CD Burner, under pop down menu select the new driver
(Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-108).

You are done.

Rav