[G4] Add 2nd HD to G4 Quicksilver

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Tue Apr 5 07:09:49 PDT 2005

On Apr 5, 2005, at 9:51 AM, Raymond E. Hardy wrote:

>     The unknowns that I (since ordering) have turned up in Apple
> support and
> my PowerMac G4 manual indicate that my computer will NOT be compatible
> with
> the new ultra drive set for  CABLE SELECT MODE -  the ST3120026A is
> set by
> default to the CABLE SELECT MODE - sooo how do I change it? Also I
> believe I
> incorrectly assumed that the drive came with everything I need for the
> installation - I now belive I'm wrong!! Are the necessary interfacing
> and
> power cables  already in my G4 or must I go buy them? and if so, what
> are
> the specifications and length of the cables?

The cable select mode is changed by a small jumper on the drive.
  Either a sticker on the drive, an instruction sheet, or online
diagrams will point it out for you.
Change it to slave for a second drive.
All the cables (2) are already in your mac and hooked up.
The new drive will lay right on top of the first one.
The drive should come with the small screws to secure it. ( two's
enough for a desktop)

Jim