[G4] Appleworks won't launch

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Tue Apr 12 18:17:35 PDT 2005

On Apr 12, 2005, at 8:52 PM, John Baltutis wrote:

> On 04/12/05, you wrote:
>>
>> A friend of mine has a problem launching Appleworks. It would
>> unexpectedly
>> quit after lauching. I trashed prefs and had no sucess. I followed a
>> few
>> other suggestions on apple.com's forums with no success. I just
>> reinstalled
>> Appleworks and had the same problem.
>>
>> Here's the kicker. She has a I-mac. I know this is for G4 users (like
>> me)
>> but hopefully someone can help. She is running OS 10.3.7, has 512Mb
>> and has
>> Appleworks 6.2.7. My Appleworks works fine on a G4 AGP, 1GB, 10.3.8
>
> Personally, I'd move the ~/Library/Prefs/Appleworks folder to the
> desktop
> and relaunch AW. If that doesn't fix it, then reinstall AW and bring
> it up
> to 6.2.9 and the OS to 10.3.8.

I am running OS 10.3.8 and Apple Works 6.2.9, and I am having the same
problem.  The only thing that seems to fix it is a reboot.  Even that
is a temporary fix.  I have been using Onyx to do some spring cleaning
of my system and keep my permissions repaired, but that still hasn't
helped with Apple Works.  To be honest, I am waiting for Tiger to be
released.  My fingers are crossed that the upgrade may solve the
problem.  I think I'll try moving the pref. file though, just for the
heck of it.

Thanks,

Kevin