[G4] OSX vs. OS9

Robert Hazelrigg robzilla at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 18 07:30:17 PDT 2005

I love OS X don't get me wrong, Moreover I can't go back now, I've got
3 years of OS X native files. But recently was forced to scrubbed my
G4-APG-Sawtooth.

I had been having data loss issues while running in OSX. Yes I pulled
the processor upgrade, any 3rd party RAM, my additional video and PCI
cards. I also replace the hard drives. Reinstalled X and still had the
data loss. Nothing seem to isolate the issue.

SO I scrub the unit and installed 9.2.2. Mac OS 9 sure does feel allot
faster even with my slower processor. Moreover, I've been running it
for a while and 9.2.2 has yet to corrupt any files, or suffer from any
data loss. Lastly I installed 37 major applications in the OS 9 system,
yes 37, and they only take up about 2.5 gigs of disk space, including
the OS. I can't imagine how much space 37 apps would take in OSX.

Long story short I'm selling the G4 (loaded) on ebay.