[G4] Disaappearing HD

Loren Smedberg lorensmedberg at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 20 03:02:02 PDT 2005

How can I stabilize this HD?  Could it be the kind of cable
connecting HD to the ACard. I received two cables with the Maxtor
HDs and I received a cable with the ACard. I used one Maxtor and one from
ACard due to HD placement and lengths of the cables. Could this
be the source of the problem?
Thanks,Rob

I just installed a Maxtor 120 in my QS 2001(yesterday)  everything is
working great. From what I read you want to set the jumpers to cable select
(on my computer version on up)  Also I thought that I read something about
not using the Maxtor Cable if your on a Mac. I noticed that the cable on my
existing HD had a little hole punched thru on of the wires on the cable ,
apparently one of the pins on the hard drive isn't intended for us on Macs.
Good luck.
Loren