[G4] Disaappearing HD

RobertCBuitron rcbuitron at speakeasy.net
Fri Apr 22 09:52:28 PDT 2005

I figured out the problem after going to Maxtor's and Apple's web site.
I needed to use the "partition" operation in Disk Utility rather than
"erase", even though I had no intention of partitioning the HD. I also
set the HD to master. Once I did this the HD has remained stable and has
not disappeared.

Thank you to those who responded to my question.

Rob