[G4] Can eMac hard-drives be upgraded?

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Fri Apr 22 00:25:26 PDT 2005

On 22/4/2005 5:12 PM, "Kunga" <Kunga at FutureMedia.org> wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2005, at 12:05 AM, Tony Johansen wrote:
>
>>  is it possible to reformat just one partition (OS 9 to OS X) without
>> affecting the other partition?
>
> Yes.

Kunga, thank you. This solution seems increasingly attractive. Now for
clarifications:

>>  And can those applications then be moved over via the drop box?
>
> Just drag them directly to the new applications folder.

You mean a new applications folder automatically appears in the side bar? Or
do I have to create it?

>> And can other space-hungry stuff like my iTunes library go over there
>> yet
>> still be accessed from the main partition as normal?
>
> Yes. You create and drag an alias to the home directory's normal iTunes
> folder and then point it to where the real folder is with the make new
> target dialog box.

Sorry, my inexperience is showing here, but you¹ve confused me. Can you
explain it in simpler steps please?

Thank you, Tony