[G4] OWC Mercury Extreme G4 1.4 GHz upgrade to Quicksilver 2002

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Sat Apr 23 07:48:48 PDT 2005

On Apr 23, 2005, at 00:22, Steve Goldstein wrote:

> At 12:09 AM -0400 4/23/05, Alex wrote:
>> No ideas, just a few questions:
>>
>> (1) Do you connect those drives to the Mac's USB ports, or are you
>> using a USB2 card?
>
> USB 2.0 card

So, the next step is obvious. Do the drives work when connected to the
Mac's USB ports, rather than the card? Do other USB devices work when
connected to the card? If yes to the former and no to the latter, then
the problem is with the card, or rather, a conflict between the card
and the processor upgrade. Try first to remove and reinsert the card --
you may have jilted it slightly when installing the processor upgrade
(I did precisely that once). Then check to see if updated firmware or
drivers are available for your card. Finally, you may wish to try
another card (USB2 cards are rather cheap these days) -- but make sure
you can return it if it doesn't work.

<0x0192>