[G4] EIDE and Ultra ATA RAID

Philip J Robar philip.robar at myrealbox.com
Wed Apr 27 16:05:04 PDT 2005

On Apr 25, 2005, at 1:05 PM, shopdog wrote:

> I see.  I didn't understand that you get the array back that way.
> I thought there was a way to pull the file off the one drive.

Sorry I wasn't clearer. With RAID 1 (mirroring) you can still access
your data if half of the mirror dies. You can also rebuild the mirror
after the failure without having to restore the data.

> Can you please explain in more detail the concatenation setup you
> described?  I'm not sure I quite understand...

There are lots of tutorials on RAID available on the net. The set up
I described is referred to as RAID 0+1.

Phil